The Only World-Standard SEO Software

SEO and Internet Marketing Forum
Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

How do you use YOUR tags in Rank Tracker?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]
aafable

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:42 am

Hello!

I was wondering if someone is willing to share how they use their tags for Rank Tracker? I think a little bit of collaboration will help everyone. Basically this is how I use mine:

New - New keyword found
In progress- Keywords I'm currently targeting for.
Low - low competition
Medium - medium competition
High - Don't even try ranking for this. lol
Ranked - keyword I'm currently rnaking for.

Anyone want to share theirs?

Vermino

Senior

Senior
Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:49 am

I personally haven't used much of the tagging besides blacklisting keywords or putting keywords into "keyword research" so I can easily delete the ones that weren't from my webmaster tools CVS.

Definitely would like to see some other ideas as well from other people.

aafable

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:03 pm

Vermino wrote:
I personally haven't used much of the tagging besides blacklisting keywords or putting keywords into "keyword research" so I can easily delete the ones that weren't from my webmaster tools CVS.

Definitely would like to see some other ideas as well from other people.

SEO Powersuite should have a place where people can contribute their templates or ideas on how other people do their workflow. I know a lot of applications that do that: evernote, todoist... etc. I think it would help a lot of people.

By the way, how do you put keywords into the keyword research tab? Do you just drag and drop? I'm having trouble determining which keywords syncronize with each tab.
Ex.

Keywords found at the "Keyword research" tab can also be found at the "SEO and PPC Analysis" tab.

Maybe, I'm just not displaying the right columns that shows information about each keyword. lol

Vermino

Senior

Senior
Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:22 am

"Keyword Research" is a tag I use when doing keyword research. I only tag to separate my keywords that i import from webmaster tools (which will be every month) and the keywords I would like to rank for through keyword research.

All my workspaces have the "tag" added to the end so I can easily find those tagged keywords throughout all workspaces.

Yeah I do love templates - I use https://ifttt.com/ and love using someone's template and modifiying it to my specs.

I figure the more I work with Rank Tracker, the more i'll get figure out how to use tags to it's most potential power but i've had the free version for god knows how long and finally upgraded.

For not knowing what to use for workspaces - just experiment. I personally look at my highest ranking keywords and see what I would like to know about them from all the metrics. Then condense it to what should be on a workspace.

For example, I like the "google difference" for figuring out if my ranking is going up or down (plus i love up and down arrows because i was a stock trader lol) but also have my competition and where they rank as well.

so my custom ranking workspace is now:
[filter - google rank lesser than 1 but greater than 49]
#
Keyword
# of searches
KEI
Expected Visits
Google Rank (with competition)
Google Difference (with competition)
Ranking Page(s)
Tags
Notes

This quickly shows me what is keywords I need to get to #1. I will typically organize it by # of searches or KEI and then check my ranking page(s) to see if i can optimize the content first. If not, then I will take it to my other programs to create a few backlinks on some forums to see if i can bump it up a few spots. I write a note of what I did on that keyword and move on to the next.

So that's a quick rundown on a custom workspace I do. Personally I dont think you need 7 workspaces like it comes with. I believe Link Assistant is just showing you "what you can do" with this software. I can see only using 2 to 4 custom workspaces to have a full blown experience of what you are looking for in ranking and researching.

aafable

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:21 pm

Vermino wrote:
"Keyword Research" is a tag I use when doing keyword research. I only tag to separate my keywords that i import from webmaster tools (which will be every month) and the keywords I would like to rank for through keyword research.

All my workspaces have the "tag" added to the end so I can easily find those tagged keywords throughout all workspaces.

Yeah I do love templates - I use https://ifttt.com/ and love using someone's template and modifiying it to my specs.

I figure the more I work with Rank Tracker, the more i'll get figure out how to use tags to it's most potential power but i've had the free version for god knows how long and finally upgraded.

For not knowing what to use for workspaces - just experiment. I personally look at my highest ranking keywords and see what I would like to know about them from all the metrics. Then condense it to what should be on a workspace.

For example, I like the "google difference" for figuring out if my ranking is going up or down (plus i love up and down arrows because i was a stock trader lol) but also have my competition and where they rank as well.

so my custom ranking workspace is now:
[filter - google rank lesser than 1 but greater than 49]
#
Keyword
# of searches
KEI
Expected Visits
Google Rank (with competition)
Google Difference (with competition)
Ranking Page(s)
Tags
Notes

This quickly shows me what is keywords I need to get to #1. I will typically organize it by # of searches or KEI and then check my ranking page(s) to see if i can optimize the content first. If not, then I will take it to my other programs to create a few backlinks on some forums to see if i can bump it up a few spots. I write a note of what I did on that keyword and move on to the next.

So that's a quick rundown on a custom workspace I do. Personally I dont think you need 7 workspaces like it comes with. I believe Link Assistant is just showing you "what you can do" with this software. I can see only using 2 to 4 custom workspaces to have a full blown experience of what you are looking for in ranking and researching.

I actually found something that might be useful.

https://www.link-assistant.com/features/seo-powersuite-tips-3.html#rt2

Loius Tom

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:47 am

Select one or a few of your seed catchphrases from you Rank Tracker workspace. Than press and ... Use labels to effectively peruse your catchphrases

Gilchrist

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:35 am

Hey guys
Usually, I use to include these details in the report.
Name of the keyword
Search Volume
Competition
Current position
After that, I use to check how many keywords in top 10,10-50 and 50-100, then analyze previous week/month variations.

searchenginewings

Guru

Guru
Posted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:25 am

Use Google Search Console, Google Keyword Planner, Kparser and other tools to research the most valuable keywords for your business. Tagging your keywords on Rank Tracker is a great way to keep a tab on groups of keywords and their ranking performance over time.

Top-performing tools will allow you to:

Get on-demand ranking data-
View historical rankings-
Check rankings at any level – from zip code to international-
Monitor rankings across mobile and desktop devices-
Measure performance against top competitors-
Provide ranking and algorithm alerts-
Integrate with third-party tools-

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]