Help guides
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi guys, another question..

One keyword phrase I want to succeed in I have over the past year or so completely dived and dropped out of google with. Website auditor is telling me about a few tweaks but over all I'm pretty much ok so I'm wondering why it has taken such a dive over that period of time. The competition doesn't seem to be too strong and there is only one new kid on the block, who incidentally seems to have shot to the top with what seems to be little support from its link building program (although it's partner website is a PR 6 so they have done a lot of linking from it).

So I'm thinking what could have possibly had such an impact on my keyword phrase? Maybe I am linking to a dodgy link farm by mistake or something else. I know I have a few 404s to fix and some CSS and HTML errors but not that much.

Do you guys have any video tutorials for identifying any specific problems for external negative causes for being dropped from a keyword?

Thanks

alexp

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:40 pm

I guess you read around different forums regarding different strategies and i am sure you will find a solution.

Linkbuilding

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:01 am

One word: Penguin.

A recent update from Google has been hitting sites with what it deems as having bad content and links, and it happened just a few days before you posted your message here.

Check your analytics and you will see a drop off in traffic around the end of April if this is the cause.

You will need to go through and fix your content. By this I mean re-write it to be less spammy and more quality in nature. If you have a lot of content, try to reduce it in size to make it easier for it to be quality and keep your keyword density low and natural.

Results won't happen overnight so give it a month or two to recover, but in that time keep investigating possibilities and fixing them.

Hope this helps.

Linkbuilding

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]