Google Sitemap
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]
roxxy

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:06 pm

Hi
Google has launched a great program Google Site Map that helps you to crawl your site successfully and very fast where you may describe how frequent your site content changed.
Google Site Maps Beta is a new service by Google designed for website owners which enables you to proactively and automatically crawl information about your website to Google. This sitemap can help provide Google with more information about your website than usually crawled by the Google.
You can create Google Sitemap within Minutes using out tool Google sitemap Creator. Simply Create Sitemap and submit it to Google both in .TXT or .XML format. XMl format is Best for creating sitemap.

Thanks
Matt John

xSEO

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:52 pm

Yeah, G Sitemaps is really cool stuff
If you need to get your site indexed in G - go use Sitemaps

BTW, roxxy, are there any tools which allow creating Sitemaps automatically?

adez7

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:08 am

Hi I love site maps, I have a site that has over 4000 pages on it. Before I started submitting xml sitemaps to google I had maybe a couple hunderd pages indexed at most. But after submitting my sites and xml site maps to google I got over 2000 pages indexed and my traffic went up expodentially.

Here is the best sitemap generator tool I have found. I would suggest that you disable picture links and just let it find the substance links of your site. Google will find the pictures all on its own.

http://www.auditmypc.com/free-sitemap-generator.asp

Try it out, it will spider your entire site to what ever level you wish, with no link limit, and generate an xml file that you can put in your root directory and tell google where it is at!! :)

Oh by the way, Google, Yahoo, and MSN all have agreed to use the same XML format for sitemaps file and this tool creates exactly that universal xml sitemap file. I bet others will join in if they see the file in your root directory, because it is pretty straight forward in format.

It will creat a txt sitemap file as well as a few other formats.

OH and by the way, ITS FREE TO USE!!! Yippy Ki Yea
Hope you enjoy,

bubbagump

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:35 pm

wow!

thanks all for the sitemap tips.

shane

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 pm

I think html sitemap is always useful to have a way to reach deep pages with few links. The deeper google crawls the lesser pages it crawls. I think the best option is to have all your pages at a distance of 3(at least 4) links from your homepage.

clintonfleurant

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:54 am

Sitemaps are a way to let Google know about pages on your site we might not otherwise find out.

Amelie

Guru

Guru
Posted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:24 am

Google site map is an experiment in web crawling by using site maps to inform and direct Google search crawlers.Webmasters can place a Sitemap -formatted file on their web server,which enables Google crawlers to find out what pages are present and,which have recently changed,and to crawl your site accordingly.Thanks.

JamesBess

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:53 am

Hey, thanks for this information. I am very much waiting to start building my website's sitemap with this service. The only thing stopping me is that its in Beta stage. :D
internet marketing company miami

ilikefollows

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:23 am

I know the importance of site map. But my question is if I do not submit a sitemap then what is the probability of indexing a web page on search engine?

beatrixtuffy

Senior

Senior
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:54 am

Yes, google site map is very helpful to crawl site successfully and very fast where you may describe how frequent your site content changed. The Sitemap XML protocol is provide a way of listing multiple Sitemaps in a 'Sitemap index' file. It support maximum size site map means store multiple urls.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]