Google PR
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]
SEOger

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

Hey guys,

I am testing SEO SpyGlass. So I've checked my Web to get some information about the backlinks. The SEO Report use the Google Page Rank as a strong indicator. For example SEO Report recommended me some webpages with a high Google Page Rank.

Some month ago Matt Cutts, SEO Professional from Google, told official that the Page Rank is no longe important for the ranking in the SERPs. Finally Google Page Rank died.

I don't understand why I get such recemondations from SEO SpyGlass' SEO Report.

Last edited by SEOger on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:07 pm

I think he was talking about the Google toolbar PR and the fact that it is updated several times a year and might not reflect the real PR. However, the toolbar PR is the only way to learn a site's PR - and practice shows that this value means a lot in terms of ranking.

SEOger

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:40 am

Quote:
[...] and practice shows that this value means a lot in terms of ranking.
Hm, I think not.

Because Google told at the SES 2009 in Berlin that the only benefit of the PR is that a high PR ranked Site would be crawled as more as a site with a low PR.

So why does SpyGlass evaluate PR so high? I dont understand and in my opinion your reason is not up to date.

Last edited by SEOger on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
sudeepbhaumick

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:34 pm

There seems to be a lot of confusion about this.

What I understand from reading around the web is that if Google's PR are dead how come sites with higher PR are the ones with the best search results.

Also, if PR were not imp. to Google why take so much pain in maintaining them.

So in conclusion it seems like another of Google's... "lets keep'em SEOs confused" kind of trick...

SEOger

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:37 am

Quote:
What I understand from reading around the web is that if Google's PR are dead how come sites with higher PR are the ones with the best search results.
This is an easy question: Most people, maybe even like you, think that the Page Rank is very important. A high PR means high ranking. This is definitely wrong.

The pages that got good results in SERPs got a big Linkpower, Linkjuice, Trust, a high traffic, ... and even a PR > 4.

Not the PR is the factor that makes a good ranking instead a lot of important factors. The PR is one of those factors with a constant shrinking importance.

Last edited by SEOger on Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
lovesbmw

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:20 am

Im not crazy about google Page rank program, I think people over re-act if a website has a low Pr, I know lots of popular sites that have a pr of 2. My question is though, why do I have a page rank of N/A, I would at least want to be ranked, insted of N/A.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:08 am

Quote:
Im not crazy about google Page rank program, I think people over re-act if a website has a low Pr, I know lots of popular sites that have a pr of 2. My question is though, why do I have a page rank of N/A, I would at least want to be ranked, insted of N/A.
Most probably this means that PageRank has not been assigned to your site yet.

abolinger

Senior

Senior
Posted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Quote:
Quote:
[...] and practice shows that this value means a lot in terms of ranking.
Hm, I think not.

Because Google told at the SES 2009 in Berlin that the only benefit of the PR is that a high PR ranked Site would be crawled as more as a site with a low PR.

So why does SpyGlass evaluate PR so high? I dont understand and in my opinion your reason is not up to date.
Despite what you may hear, it still matters. I rounded up some high PR site links for a project I was working on and the rankings shot thru the roof for the anchor texts of the links I was able to get.

I've found the best "bang for the buck" timewise is studying links and building them.

JordanRHughes

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks for the posts. This helps greatly.

Cheers.

anirban09P

Small God

Small God
Posted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:25 am

PageRank is a link analysis algorithm used by Google to help determine the relative importance of a website.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 11 posts ]