All times are UTC
Google Pinguin update facts and solutions
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]
Bounce

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:22 pm

In May 2012 Google updated its algoritm called the Google Penguin update. Lots of people and also SEO business are still suffering from this update. We have a SEO business and 35% of our cliënt websites are affected. We talked to other colleagues and they all have the same problem. :(

What we have foud out so far is that this update is not an on page update only. It has definitely to do with the backlinks. We found out that Google is not just ignoring "bad links" anymore but is giving a penalty for bad links. It is not our style, but we think technically you could sabotage competitors. :?

We are suspecting that if there are too many links for one keyword to one page, this page gets a penalty for that keyword and the rankings are going down. Does anybody have experiencewith this and and meanwhile has proof that after changing the backlinks anchor text the rankings went up again?

I want to start this topic and focus on solutions not complaining. Also I want to know if you have the same problems. Has anyone proved solutions or suggestions that help getting the rankings back to the old level?

MySEOfootprint

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:25 am

Google loves high quality content, high authority inbound links pointing to your website, social media sharing, and seeing you very involved in forums/blogs. Never be involved in black hat techniques and allow "spammy" links pointing to you. Carry your blog/website in an ethical way, and you will be awarded with high search rankings in Google

jennifersmith

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:03 am

Google frequently changes its techniques for SEO and there is no space anymore for bad quality links and duplicate content. Recently Google EMD update penalizes all those websites which are abusing EMD (exact match domain) name only for being an EMD website. To protect yourself from these Google updates it is better to go for only white hat SEO techniques and build high quality links.

Last edited by jennifersmith on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
triggr

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:49 am

Quote:
Google loves high quality content, high authority inbound links pointing to your website, social media sharing, and seeing you very involved in forums/blogs. Never be involved in black hat techniques and allow "spammy" links pointing to you. Carry your blog/website in an ethical way, and you will be awarded with high search rankings in Google
Couldn't agree more. I find it very difficult to create a page that has both great content and is optimized for a certain keyword. For me, optimization means that a visitor has a great experience. If anyone can point me to a page that has the best of both worlds (optimization for a key activity AND great and useful content), I would be much obliged!

newagemedia

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 am

Penguin and Panda both take into account external links pointing to a site. Fortunately for those of you who have poor quality links pointing to their site, Googles just released a new SEO google webmaster tools to discredit negative links.

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... links.html

Checking external links for malware and removing low PR backlinks should be a good start to clearing up your link portfolio.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]