Google Disavow - ability to add these to SEO SpyGlass
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
BigRedSEO

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:36 pm

Hi guys,

We make use of the Disavow tool quite a bit on our clients sites. It's very handy in SpyGlass to make a note on various URLs that we've requested removals or then added them to the Disavow list for the client.

Are there any thoughts for the future in accepting an exclusion list for the update factors? For example, I have a client file with 23,191 links to their site. Just over 19,000 of them come from a single source that we were forced to disavow. If we click the "Update Factors" and it runs on the project, it's going to go through those 19,000 links that we really no longer care about, and as a result waste processing power and 23 hours running checks on links we don't care about.

It would be nice to add it to the Update Factors check so that it doesn't check that domain, or certain links. Or the ability to flag a link to no longer check.

Right now, we just highlight all other links and check them, which is fine for this particular user case, but we have other cases where there are several dozen domains that are ignored - making the update factors task a nightmare.

Any thoughts to include this function for the future?

017hnoor

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:59 am

I have a client file with 23,191 links to their site. Just over 19,000 of them come from a single source that we were forced to disavow.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:08 pm

BigRedSEO wrote:
Are there any thoughts for the future in accepting an exclusion list for the update factors? For example, I have a client file with 23,191 links to their site. Just over 19,000 of them come from a single source that we were forced to disavow. If we click the "Update Factors" and it runs on the project, it's going to go through those 19,000 links that we really no longer care about, and as a result waste processing power and 23 hours running checks on links we don't care about.

Yes, other users have already reported such issue to us, so we have added this feature request to our list. But unfortunately I can not promise that it will be added very soon.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]