The Only World-Standard SEO Software

SEO and Internet Marketing Forum
Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Google AdWords Account Authorisation - OAuth?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]
Gazley

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:08 pm

What happens to my Google password when the Link-Assistant software asks me for it for things like Google AdWords Account Authorisation? As this password is the key to all my Google accounts, it makes me nervous! :)

If this was a web-based OAuth request, that would be OK but, it seems that the software retains/stores the password.

Any thoughts/ideas?

Thanks! :)

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:39 am

Gazley wrote:
What happens to my Google password when the Link-Assistant software asks me for it for things like Google AdWords Account Authorisation? As this password is the key to all my Google accounts, it makes me nervous!

If this was a web-based OAuth request, that would be OK but, it seems that the software retains/stores the password.

Any thoughts/ideas?

SEO PowerSuite tools use browser authorization process to log into your Google Adwords account, that is why they require your password and e-mail to be able to log into Keyword Planner and collect the required data.

But do not worry - the login details are kept in your project file which is stored on your local hard drive, so this information remains only on your computer and is not transferred anywhere.

Moreover, if you still do not want to add your personal Google account, you may simply create a new Google Adwrods account for any name you want and use it in Rank Tracker - you can use any account you want, it does not need to be associated with your name or web address.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]