Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Facebook Security Auth Code
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]
crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi guys, I am getting texts when Buzz is open from Facebook asking me to enter a digit string to confirm authorised access. This is part of a security option in facebook to ensure only authorised devices / users can access my accounts but I dont see anywhere in Buzz where I can enter that digit string if I get a request via my phone from Facebook.

Can you advise please?

Thanks

Guy

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:14 pm

crazyoval wrote:
I am getting texts when Buzz is open from Facebook asking me to enter a digit string to confirm authorised access. This is part of a security option in facebook to ensure only authorised devices / users can access my accounts but I dont see anywhere in Buzz where I can enter that digit string if I get a request via my phone from Facebook.

Unfortunately at the moment the software doesn't let you pass through this verification step.

However, we are aware of the issue and our developers will add this option in one of the upcoming versions of the app.

Sorry for this temporary inconvenience.

:roll:

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:13 pm

OK so no Facebook profiles should be created at present then?

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:08 pm

This needs to be sorted asap.

I am now getting these sort of messages because Buzz is trying to access the accounts. Clearly I need to delete the profiles within Buzz but it would have been helpful to have known this was not working before I put the effort in...

"Someone recently tried to log in to your account from an unrecognized device or mobile device. Because you enabled login notifications, your account is temporarily locked. Please complete the following steps to regain access to your account."

cybersysop

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:04 pm

When this occurred I left the BB and went directly to my facebook account via web browser. I waddled my way through the validation and completed the form to gain access. Not trusting that it was correct, I logged out and back in and it was successful. I then went back to BB and created the profile successfully. It may have been the timing or the fact that I did re-log after the validation but it did work for me.

Howard
http://www.emcs.net
Doing business on the internet since 1994

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]