Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Excluding Backlinks to Our Domain in Competitor's Report
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
lbohen

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:08 pm

When I run a SEO SpyGlass report on a competitor's site, can I exclude backlinks to our site that we already have?

How?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:22 am

lbohen wrote:
When I run a SEO SpyGlass report on a competitor's site, can I exclude backlinks to our site that we already have?

No, unfortunately it is not possible to do so. SEO SpyGlass does not allow excluding backlinks, but will provide all results which we have for a specific website.

lbohen

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:40 am

LinkAssistant wrote:
No, unfortunately it is not possible to do so. SEO SpyGlass does not allow excluding backlinks, but will provide all results which we have for a specific website.

So when I run a SpyGlass report on a competitor, I will have to manually, assess whether we already have a backlink from those who backlink to our competitor?

This seems extremely labor intensive.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:37 pm

lbohen wrote:
So when I run a SpyGlass report on a competitor, I will have to manually, assess whether we already have a backlink from those who backlink to our competitor?

Actually, there is a way you can check in SpyGlass whether your competitor and your site have common linking domains. This is called Project Comparison section. First you will need to create a project for your website and for your competitor's website. Then open your project and go to the Project Comparison section. There you select to compare your project and your competitor's. After that you will see one more section added - Backlink Domains:

So you switch to this section and then if your website and your competitor's site will have common linking domains you will see this indicated with two squares in the Projects column, like on the screenshot.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]