Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Edit partner from email
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]
Steve B

Senior

Senior
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:25 am

The edit partner from email does not always find the correct partner. I realise this cannot work in all situations, but there are many cases where the email address finds a totally random partner with a totally different email address. I have all but given up using this technique.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:03 am

Quote:
The edit partner from email does not always find the correct partner. I realise this cannot work in all situations, but there are many cases where the email address finds a totally random partner with a totally different email address.
Hm... I'm sorry, but I have to admit that you're right :oops:

Unfortunately, we can't fix this problem in 5 seconds (and even in 10 or 20 seconds - this problem is not an easy one :( ), but in the next realease we'll do our best to avoid any problems concerning partner's email address(es) identifying.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:04 am

By the way, Steve, d'you think it's necessary to allow one partner to have more than one email address?

Steve B

Senior

Senior
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:49 pm

Difficult one.

Some times a email inf@xxxx.com and I get a reply back from their webmaster. So I would say yes.

Trouble though is the webmaster probably is the designer of several websites which I am partnering. I can see this is all quite a tricky problem.

When I receive an email from the webmaster like this, I generally change the contact details to that new address. So I would be happy with the one email address.

If the webmaster looks after several of my partners, I would be happy with the list of partners when I click the edit button. This should (in my case) be a fairly small list. Clicking on the relevant link would then edit it.

Steve

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:00 pm

Quote:
I would say yes.
Thank you Steve. Your comments are great (as always) :!: You pointed to some aspects we haven't been thinking about, and gave us some food for thought.

Thanks, hope that we'll manage to make this feature powerful and easy-to-use at the same time.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]