Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Duplicate Project
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
Dotsey

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:54 pm

I have a client who is switching to a new domain but wants to keep tracking the old one for a little while, though he will eventually drop it. I'd like to be able to copy all the project settings but change the domain. Is that possible?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Quote:
I have a client who is switching to a new domain but wants to keep tracking the old one for a little while, though he will eventually drop it. I'd like to be able to copy all the project settings but change the domain. Is that possible?
Hello,

there is no option for transferring the current project's settings. But I have an alternative for you.
Please go to 'Preferences > Alternative URLs' and type down your new URL in the Alternative field, please see the screenshot:

https://prnt.sc/qckc8b

Once you do it, the project will start tracking ranks for your new domain too and will show them together with the current domain. So basically you will have 1 project for 2 of your domains with the actual rankings for both.

I hope this helps.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Dotsey

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Thanks for the response.

I had thought of doing that, but eventually I'd want to lose the primary domain. I just went ahead and set it all back up anyway. Might be a nice feature for the future though! :)

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]