The Only World-Standard SEO Software

SEO and Internet Marketing Forum
Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Do You Share Your Files On The Cloud For Collaboration? How?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
Mark Warner

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:29 am

I have started storing my files on Google Drive so they are safe, but there are some issues with this that I am thinking of when it comes to collaboration and sharing these files...

What if two people decide to start adding keywords and working on the same project file at the same time? When they save, the new version would override the other person's work, and back and forth etc the way things are set up in that scenario it would seem?

If we wanted to share our keyword research with an outside writer for example, it seems it would be possible to tell them to just download the free version of the rank tracker, we share the file with them on the cloud, and they can view it without a paid version? Just no editing etc. I

To collaborate with co-workers frequently, we would need the enterprise license as well?

roxannegrodrigue

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:41 am

Dropbox can also share folders with specific people. To do this, either right-click a folder in your Dropbox folder on your desktop and select Share this folder, or right-click the folder in Dropbox on the web and select Invite to folder.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Mark Warner wrote:
What if two people decide to start adding keywords and working on the same project file at the same time? When they save, the new version would override the other person's work, and back and forth etc the way things are set up in that scenario it would seem?

Yes, the changes applied to the project at the same time cannot be synchronized, so the last saved version will totally overwrite the previous one.

Quote:
If we wanted to share our keyword research with an outside writer for example, it seems it would be possible to tell them to just download the free version of the rank tracker, we share the file with them on the cloud, and they can view it without a paid version?

Unfortunately the free version does not allow to open any project (including the projects from the Cloud). In general, our SEO PowerSuite Cloud service is available to the licensed users with the active Search Algo Updates / Maintenance subscription only.

To share your keyword research with an outside writer you may create a Keyword Research Report and send it as a PDF or HTML file in case you are an Enterprise license holder. In the Professional version you may simply copy the data from the columns in your Workspace using the 'Copy to Clipboard' option and then paste it to Excel.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]