The Only World-Standard SEO Software

SEO and Internet Marketing Forum
Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Disavow spam links with low penalty risk or not?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
Sussex Chef

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:13 am

Hi all

I'm new to PS/L-A and am following the get started pdf, I've come to checking my backlinks and have a question.

A little background, My site was hacked and a lot of pages were added to my site however I have now deleted these.

The now deleted pages are now resulting in 404's
The backlinks left from these pages are coming up green (27% or lower) or "not yet calculated"(Why are they not yet calculated as I bought a licence?)
should I disavow these links? They have no-relevance to what I am trying to sell (I'm a caterer, I'm not selling japanese cars or watches).
Also I have linked "spy glass" with "google analytics" I have added a disavow list in Google"web master tools" are the three not linked? All the urls in "spyglass" have the "no" value in the "disavow" colum.

Thank you so much for your help and I look forward to your reply!

stellalogan631

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:34 am

You should disavow all the non quality and irrelevant links first then update some fresh and unique content on your domain and submit it on high quality relevant web directories.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:24 pm

Sussex Chef wrote:
The backlinks left from these pages are coming up green (27% or lower) or "not yet calculated"(Why are they not yet calculated as I bought a licence?)

The Penalty Risk is not calculated as you haven`t updated all the required factors yet, so you simply have to hover over the cell and click the 'i' button, and check which factors remained unchecked. Please also go to 'Preferences=>Search Safety Settings=>CAPTCHA Settings' and make sure that the first box is ticked. Entering the captchas carefully is crucial for the programs to get the accurate results and help you avoid getting blocked by the Search Engines for excessive queries.

Quote:
should I disavow these links? They have no-relevance to what I am trying to sell

In case the backlinks are not relevant - they are more likely to bring you harm than good, so it`s better to keep the links qualitative and relative to your niche.

Quote:
Also I have linked "spy glass" with "google analytics" I have added a disavow list in Google"web master tools" are the three not linked? All the urls in "spyglass" have the "no" value in the "disavow" colum.

The Disavow column in SEO SpyGlass shows if the backlinks have been added to the Disavow list in the software, not in Google. You can add them to the list by selecting and right-clicking on them, you`ll see the option to 'Disavow Backlink(s)'. Then you may go to 'Preferences=>Disavow/Blacklist Backlinks' and export the list of backlinks to submit it to Google then.

amnasheikh

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:54 am

Redirect 404's to the homepage if your website is on WordPress you can find the relevant plugin for it. disavow only bad quality links. If you are redirecting 404 to homepage it should be fine.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]