Different results for my back links
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]
belikewater

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:40 am

Hey,
I was looking for a new provider to support my SEO strategy because despite all efforts I dont improve my ranking. I contacted a large SEO provider they told me I had almost 4000 back links more then 1/3 was very bad quality - not in English . That was probably the reason why my ranking never improved. This company was using SEMRUSH to review my website. (they send me a copy)

At about the same time I purchased SEO Powersuite and it showed a result of only 650 back links to my websit. I checked some other free tools and came about the same result.

How is this possible? Was my website hijacked by a competitor with back links from China... (?)

Appreciate your feedback

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:02 am

belikewater wrote:
a large SEO provider they told me I had almost 4000 back links more then 1/3 was very bad quality. At about the same time I purchased SEO Powersuite and it showed a result of only 650 back links to my websit.

These steps should help you collect the backlinks properly:

1. Please create a new project for this website or simply click to 'Rebuild Project', select the WebMeUp Backlink Tool as a source and please enable 'expert options':

2. Next please select no factors to check for now:

3. In the next step set no limitations:

Make sure not to skip any of the captchas if they pop-up. You are also free to update all the factors later by clicking the 'Update factors' button.

belikewater

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:02 pm

Thanks for your quick reply I follow the steps as you suggested. The result was 632 back links, same result as i had before.
Do you also crawl websites in China for the back links? I noticed of all the countries listed (see step 1) China was not mentioned. Still don't understand why this SEO company reported me to have more then 4000 back links mostly on Non-English websites

Thanks

PS can I send you a copy of the back link report?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:42 pm

belikewater wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply I follow the steps as you suggested. The result was 632 back links, same result as i had before.
Do you also crawl websites in China for the back links? I noticed of all the countries listed (see step 1) China was not mentioned. Still don't understand why this SEO company reported me to have more then 4000 back links mostly on Non-English websites

If those backlinks have been submitted not so long ago (about a month or earlier), then our crawlers might not have found them and indexed yet, so you do not see them listed in the report. But with time, as soon as the cralwers find these backlinks, they will be added to the index and you will see them in the project.

Also, if you have this list of backlinks you can add them to SEO SpyGlass manually and let the software verify them. Just right clikc anywhere in the project workspace and in the quick menu choose Add Backlinks to Project. Then paste the list of backlinks. After that you will be able to verify these links to make sure that are still present online and also check them for link penalty.

belikewater

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:52 pm

[quote]Do you also crawl websites in China for the back links? I noticed of all the countries listed (see step 1) China was not mentioned. Still don't understand why this SEO company reported me to have more then 4000 back links mostly on Non-English websites[quote]

Do your servers crawl the websites in China? The report I recevied with 4000 back links was prepared a month ago then other apps should have indexed them by now.

Regards,

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:48 pm

belikewater wrote:
Do your servers crawl the websites in China? The report I recevied with 4000 back links was prepared a month ago then other apps should have indexed them by now.

Yes, our crawlers scan sites from all countries. But if a specific site blocks our crawler in robots.txt then it will not be able to find any backlinks from that site.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]