New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]
Dave

Senior

Senior
Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:44 pm

Quote:
ranktracker
/usr/local/bin/ranktracker: line 4: 12567 Segmentation fault (core dumped) java -Xmx256m -jar ranktracker.jar
I installed and ran it as root on Ubuntu Desktop 7.10. (The latest release that just came out this week.) The install.sh seemed to run fine. However as you can see above ranktracker did not. Got a fix for me?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:20 am

Looks like your Java installation has got corrupted. :( You should delete all files and reinstall JRE.

Another possible reason is that you're using JRE 1.3 (please keep in mind that all our products require JRE 1.4.2 or later):
1) Look for another "java" instance in your path. Do a find on java: find / -name java
2) It will list all of your java executables. Display the version for each i.e.: /usr/bin/java -version
3) Ensure you are using the correct version.

Hope this helps!

Dave

Senior

Senior
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:11 pm

Code:
Oct 22, 2007(07:00:07) [root@~]> java -version java version "1.5.0" gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.2.1 (Ubuntu 4.2.1-5ubuntu5) Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I think it might just need to be tested with the new release of Ubuntu. Probably some stupid bug they introduced that everybody will have to code around.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:24 pm

See, Dave, this is NOT a Rank Tracker's bug -- this is a bug in Ubuntu's Java.

Just install the official Sun's Java from http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp -- this should solve the problem.

Dave

Senior

Senior
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:31 pm

How did you conclude it was a bug with Ubuntu so quickly? Seems like I'm missing something.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]