The Only World-Standard SEO Software

SEO and Internet Marketing Forum
Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

continuing with my addiction for Rank Tracker...
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]
Author Message
crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posts: 253
Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:20 am

hi guys, um... holy grail perhaps but is there anyway to work out what searches on a particular search engine I appear in, say the top 30?

Im searching all sorts of keywords but I just wonder what else is out there so Im using the suggestion process to see what comes up but Im still wondering if there is searches I dont know about I should be tracking that Im on already that Im never going to discover myself.

thanks

LinkAssistant

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 5588
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:09 pm

Quote:
hi guys, um... holy grail perhaps but is there anyway to work out what searches on a particular search engine I appear in, say the top 30?

Im searching all sorts of keywords but I just wonder what else is out there so Im using the suggestion process to see what comes up but Im still wondering if there is searches I dont know about I should be tracking that Im on already that Im never going to discover myself.

thanks
Rank Tracker can't do this, as what you want requires an expensive server-side web application that would crawl the net and also keep a huge database of searches. Then it would let you run a query and see which keywords you're ranking in top 30.

I sometimes use http://seodigger.com/ for this, but probably you still won't find all the searches you're interested in. Anyway, worth a shot.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posts: 253
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:30 pm

thanks for that, I will give it a go. However!!! there is a much cheaper way, simply find your closest competitors and grab their meta descriptions and look at their most common word profiles (using SEO Tools for example), thats got to be the most immedate way to see what you may have missed..

only thought about that after I posted the first message here :D

LinkAssistant

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 5588
Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:39 pm

Quote:
However!!! there is a much cheaper way, simply find your closest competitors and grab their meta descriptions and look at their most common word profiles
This you easily can do by using Rank Tracker's competition analysis research method ;-) It will do exactly that.

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posts: 253
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:05 am

yes, sorry meant to say that. I think this is the best way to find any missing keywords, although you are relying on your competitors, if you have a reasonable spectrum of competitors then Im sure their own work may open up new ideas to you.

Thanks once again

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posts: 253
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:15 am

hey that SEO digger is really good, sorry to ask, Ive tried in the FAQ at the site but does anyone know what the headings stand for?

Pos, WT, OT, SV, & AC ?

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posts: 253
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:03 pm

...and... by the way, why is my Rank Tracker icon a big 'W' ?

LinkAssistant

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 5588
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:06 pm

Quote:
hey that SEO digger is really good, sorry to ask, Ive tried in the FAQ at the site but does anyone know what the headings stand for?

Pos, WT, OT, SV, & AC ?
Not sure what this means either, try dropping them an email, and let us know what comes out of it!

LinkAssistant

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 5588
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:07 pm

Quote:
...and... by the way, why is my Rank Tracker icon a big 'W' ?
It's a old story half forgotten by now... Probably used to stand for "W"ord or something ;-) We'll update the icon soon enough.

happy_martin

Senior

Senior
Posts: 16
Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:26 pm

Theres a far simpler way of checking this. If you have a stats program on your site such as awstats you can extract a list of every keyword thats been used to find your site. Simply enter those into Rank Checker

This is what I do when I want to sell a domain because I can present a buyer with a list of all the words and phrases we rank well for. Even the poorest site will rank #1 for a handful of terms.

PM me if you want more specific details.

Best wishes,

Martin

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 2 [ 13 posts ]
All times are UTC

Jump to:  


cron