Block duplicate emails
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
adamjthompson

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:04 pm

I have a suggestion for a feature to add:

A feature that would help me ensure that I don't email a webmaster more than once. Ideally, I could check a box to block duplicate emails, just like I can to block duplicate sites.

This would be very helpful, especially since the disclaimer at the bottom of the emails says by default that it is a one time email. If the software finds more than one of the webmasters sites, they could get quite a few. That could lead to spam complaints.

So, I think this feature would very helpful.

~Adam

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:09 pm

Adam,

First of all I'd like to admit that you can easily change mail templates and remove *the disclaimer at the bottom of the emails*. What is more, I STRONGLY recommend you to change your mail templates and make them as unique as possible - this can lead to a sufficient increase in the number of successful replies to your link exchange requests.

Secondly, ther is a variety of methods to ensure that you don't send emails twice. The primary method is to use statuses. As you know, LinkAssistant contains a number of predefined statuses, and it allows you to create your own statuses (as well as update and/or remove existing ones). So, when you send a letter, you may simply put a "One letter was sent" stuatus to this link partner - and next time you'll be sending emails you should choose only partners with some other statuses (you can easily do this by ordering link partners by status, or by creating an additional filter for your workspace)

Yours,
LinkAssistant

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:11 pm

Anyway, our UI (user interface) modellers will try to add such a feature.

If you already know how exactly you'd like this feature to be implemented - I'm waiting for your suggestions/recommendations/pictures/etc here :arrow:

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]