Best way to enter keywords
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]
StepStone

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:29 am

Hi,

Our most important keyword, on which we want our users to find us, is "webdesigner jobs".
Which keywords should I use to make reports and how many?
Should I use single-word keywords or multi-word keywords?

Thx

seosean

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:17 pm

Hi StepStone,

From my experience with the tool I would add that keyword (webdesigner jobs) just as it is into the software and run a report based on that. The software seams to be able to accurately return what you need to do in order to rank for that exact keyword without you having to dissect out the keyword.

So our keyword which is a "multi-word keyword" should be fine.

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Hi StepStone,

if you're optimizing for a multi-word keyword you should run a check for the whole keyphrase as it is.
Thax for your help, seosean ;)

seowriter

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:00 pm

so far, i'm loving the enterprise version of website auditor. i'm a fairly new seo person and probably not going to ever be a real professional, so this tool should really help my clients who need more statistical information that i can provide on my own.

i want to run a report on a web site for a client who has over 50 keywords. i group the words into 5 or 6 (products) ad campaigns. i entered ALL the keywords and after 5 hours, got a pretty impressive report and then crashed. so i'm not sure if i am doing this the right way.

can someone help me figure out a basic step-by-step for creating something with a page-by-page optimization for a client with this many keywords? should i be creating one report per campaign, maybe?

since my client doesn't let me fool with their code, i really want to send them a simple breakdown of which keywords and tags they should be using. once they see how much work it is, maybe they'll pay me to do it :D

Thanks for your help in advance!

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:17 pm

seowriter,

depends on how many search engines you use mainly. If you have 50 SEs for 50 keywords it makes 25 000 queries to pose to all of them. That might cause the breakdown.

Make sure you select a reasonable amount of search engines.

seowriter

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:03 pm

Thanks for your answer.

I'm querying only 1 SE - Google. I'm planning to do Yahoo next.

Is this correct:
  • I should do one page per project/report
    I have a 150-page web site (so I run 150 reports)
    I have ~160 keywords per page (sorry, more than I was using before)
    One page takes ~34 minutes
    In the report, the keywords in red are the keywords I am searching for and the keywords in black are the ones being used by my competitors for similar pages?
Also, is there some reason I can't export any kind of report except a keywords txt file?? It's taking forever and then crashing. All profiles give me errors and all Quick Saves prompt me for htm and pdf, but neither can be used--it just hangs until I "cancel."

Thanks, I think that should help me decide if this application is going to be worthwhile.

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]