The Only World-Standard SEO Software

SEO and Internet Marketing Forum
Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC
Best plan for submitting your websites to directories?
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
vladthmito

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Hello, my name is Vlad and i am from Romania.(therefore excuse my English) Me and my 2 partners have started an online business and i think we have managed pretty good so far. (creating our websites and promoting them) We have bought the SEO PowerSuite and have made very good use of it. Our next concern regarding our websites is adding them to foreign directories (ex: yahoo directory, dmoz open directory)

Our websites have 4-5 months of age, and we have achieved to bring almost 40k of unique visitors from 4-5 websites this month.

We want to know if there is a procedure or a "trick" to add the websites to a directory. If we need a certain amount of visitors so we are accepted (dmoz) or we should add them one at a time, or all together.

Although we know we won't get any link juice from these directories, we believe they will increase our authority very much.

And my question is this, what is the best procedure in this case? How should we handle this? Should we submit them, or should we wait until we get more visitors?

We really don't know much about how this component of the SEO and that's why we ask the question.

Thank you in advance and excuse my English,

Vlad

ProfitableWebsites

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:07 pm

Two problems with the major directories:

- Yahoo Dir costs $300+ per year for a listing.

- DMOZ is free, but nearly impossible to get into.
(moderators don't respond very often, if ever)

It's usually cheaper and more effective to just buy used/aged domains that are already listed in Yahoo and/or DMOZ and then link it to your main website (to pass authority/link juice, etc).

Hope that helps.

-Steve

valeriewalton

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:58 pm

Manual submission is way better than using automated software's well it would take months before the directory submission gets live but once it gets live it would be a backlink for your site

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]