Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Before I buy...
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]
Raptor235

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Couple questions.... the pitch is a bit wierd... you get updates for life but you only get "Live" updates for 6 months???

Can someone explain this whole section

"# Enjoy FREE updates for LIFE. (That's right, all the bug fixes, updates and enhancements are yours free of charge for life!)

We're constantly improving Rank Tracker by listening to our users' suggestions and putting them all into the new release roughly every 2-3 months. All these goodies will be yours for free, for ever!*

# Get a FREE 6 months subscription to the Rank Tracker Live! Plan. (The Live! Plan for Rank Tracker currently includes search engines updates.)

We monitor the search engines closely, and whenever the algorithms change, we adapt Rank Tracker to make sure you can always access the most current and accurate data.**"

I don't want to be out of my money after 6 months... also

can I use the program on two computers... one in the office and on at home?

and lastly in the pro version you can customize your reports but you can't save them?? can you print them? do anything with them other then look at them?

thanks everyone for your help

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:03 pm

Quote:
Couple questions.... the pitch is a bit wierd... you get updates for life but you only get "Live" updates for 6 months???
Can someone explain this whole section
Great question! Thank you for asking about this. I'd like to explain this to make things clear.

First of all, I have to say that search engines change their algorythms quite often, so we have to make changes to our software so that it works properly and shows correct results. This is the specific of any SEO software of the kind. So developers're having hard time constantly fixing tools after Google's or MSN's or other SE changes.

Secondly, ALL the leading SEO software companies offer subscription for such fixes on a paid basis, straight upon purchase. And most of them charge for functionality updates, too. Our policy is, six months of SE-related fixes is FREE, and then our users still need to subscribe.

Moreover, our users get FREE updates (=functionality fixes as well as new features). So, they only have to pay for SE-related fixes after 6 months of free subscription.

So as you can see, we are staying fair with our customers: you are getting free updates of both kinds for 6 months since your purchase. And, you're informed when you purchase that you will have to pay for SE fixes. And all SEO software developers charge for this kind of fixes.
Quote:
can I use the program on two computers... one in the office and on at home?
You can use software with the same registration key on multiple computers, if it's not used simultaneously.
Quote:
and lastly in the pro version you can customize your reports but you can't save them?? can you print them? do anything with them other then look at them?
You can customize your reports and present to your customers straight from the application.
And in fact, it's not only colours or logos that are customizeable. You can choose which sections to include into the report and which ones you don't want to see, which makes the reports much more convenient

Raptor235

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:49 pm

thanks..

how often does the se code updated for say google?

also if i buy the pro version now can i buy the extension for updates later on?

Raptor235

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:57 pm

also would we be notified that a specific search engine is not working or is giving incorrect results so we would know that we have to update (once we're out of the 6 month free period) ?

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:39 pm

Quote:
how often does the se code updated for say google?
Hard to say... They can make changes every day for, say, a week, and then don't change anything for about a month or more :\
Quote:
also if i buy the pro version now can i buy the extension for updates later on?
Sure you can.
Quote:
also would we be notified ...
Yes, you'll be notified.

inayamike

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:26 am

Is it something I'm doing wrong? I use the program on a daily basis, so some advice would be useful.

Last edited by inayamike on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:44 am

inayamike wrote:
Is it something I'm doing wrong? I use the program on a daily basis, so some advice would be useful.

Can you please specify what exactly the problem is?

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]