Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Backlinks with penalty risk
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
DERfTYl34

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:47 am

Hi i have various backlinks on websites of our clients. We make websites, so we put "website by name of company" small on the bottom of every page we make, now checking with spyglass i noticed that various have a high penalty risk of 64.

What should we do? Can we change the links to nofollow, delete them or just let them be, because they do create traffic when somebody clics on them.

thanks

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:53 pm

DERfTYl34 wrote:
What should we do? Can we change the links to nofollow, delete them or just let them be, because they do create traffic when somebody clics on them.

Let me please explain that these results are a warning and a recommendation to manually revise the links with high risk value (over 70%), since the software is still not a human being and can not be fully objective. So sometimes you may find a backlink with the high penalty risk to be qualitative and relative enough to keep it. In case you would like to disavow the backlinks - please select them in your Workspace, right-click on them and choose to 'Disavow backlinks'. After that you can go to 'Preferences=>Disavow/Blacklist backlinks' and export the backlinks as a .txt file that you can submit to Google Webmaster tool.

See a spammer? Click "Report this Post" (bottom right) and help keep our forum clean!

jjspelman

Newborn

Newborn
Posted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:42 am

Quote:

thanks
I have read very recently that changing them to nofollow is the path to take. I have done the same thing to dozens of websites we have created.

HTH

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]