Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

additional status column
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]
yaelede

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 12:21 pm

It would be nice if the program could allow to set a secondary status to the partner sites.

Reason:
I have several "partner groups" im my projects. It means that in the travel industry where I work, there are many sites that belong to one company. Usually these sites have different domain names, but with one similar word, e.g. londonby.com, barcelonaby.com.
I can set the status of these sites to "by.com sites" for example, but when I do a link check, and I set the option to change status to "Reciprocal link doesn't work anymore" if backlink is not found, then it will overwrite the previous status texts where broken links are detected.
So I will not have the possibility to group my partner sites according to the previous status (obviously I may not call this a status, but rather a "short description" or "extra status", whatever)

Thank you in advance
Yaelede

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:54 am

Hm... We see two different sides of the same coin for us here...

Firstly, our team is preparing LinkAssistant 3.0 right now - a HUGHE update with a lot of new features and improvements - no other software will even stay close to LA after that. So, we have A LOT OF work to do right now.

On the other side, your suggestion is quite reasonable... I'd even say it's great! :) We have decided to implement it this way:
a user will be able to create his/her own columns (for example, you can create a new column, name it "Short Description" or whatever you like, say that it will contain text/digits/date/set... ) - and after that a new column will be available as well as a new input field for each partner. You'lll be able to use this field/column as you need.

What do you think of this?

PS: for now if you have a lot of such "groups" you can create different workspaces (by setting a filter) for different groups. This should help.

yaelede

Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:52 pm

Thank you, I'm always happy to help you!
I'm glad that it was not my first suggestion, which was implemneted in LA.

Keep on the good work!

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]