The Only World-Standard SEO Software

SEO and Internet Marketing Forum
Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

Are you interested in running some pre-setup link assistant projects on my behalf?
Poll ended at Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:22 pm
YES  0%  [ 0 ]
NO  0%  [ 0 ]
Tell me more  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0
A quick tip for those SEO's working in different languages
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]
Red

Wizard

Wizard
Posted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:22 pm

I've been doing a lot of foreign work recently.
I had a bit of trouble configuring link assistant to display certain characters.

First of all I did not have the correct language packs installed in windows. Get this done first and foremost!

Secondly: I imported my data via CSV. This import data contained subject headers in French, German, Spanish, Arabic and Chinese.

When originally importing the .csv I always used the default setting.
It created horrible characters...

For instance it would miss out the umlaut's (German) or acute and grave accents (French) and well, Chinese was a disaster. Nuff said!

It occured to me that I had to take more care with the import settings.

For instance. If you're importing French words via CSV into link assistant, you may wish to choose the setting ISSO-8859-1 Latin Alphabet No.1.

It may be obvious to most, but I've been using this software for quite a while and I missed it.

Anyway, hopefully this will be useful to some...

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 am

Red wrote:
I've been doing a lot of foreign work recently.
I had a bit of trouble configuring link assistant to display certain characters.

First of all I did not have the correct language packs installed in windows. Get this done first and foremost!

Secondly: I imported my data via CSV. This import data contained subject headers in French, German, Spanish, Arabic and Chinese.

When originally importing the .csv I always used the default setting.
It created horrible characters...

For instance it would miss out the umlaut's (German) or acute and grave accents (French) and well, Chinese was a disaster. Nuff said!

It occured to me that I had to take more care with the import settings.

For instance. If you're importing French words via CSV into link assistant, you may wish to choose the setting ISSO-8859-1 Latin Alphabet No.1.

It may be obvious to most, but I've been using this software for quite a while and I missed it.

Anyway, hopefully this will be useful to some...

Red,

thanks for this great tip! Seems to be really useful!

;)

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]