Welcome, Guest ( Login | Register )

A few config things
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]
crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:55 pm

Ive put in a ticket about the first one but thought I would ask here too since there is at least one other:

I am setting up persona for incoming mail however Buzz says access to my mail accounts fail. Are there any additional perameters Buzz will only work with for now? such as POP as opposed to MIME? Is there anyway to troubleshoot any mail errors? I have a non default port for incoming mail.

also, when I add a Facebook profile I then get texts from Facebook asking for me to add a number string into the app to confirm it is really from me (I set this up a while ago on Facebook for security reasons) but there doesn't seem to be anywhere in Buzz to enter this detail. So I go to Facebook and it tells me a user using IE on Windows tried to access my account (I use Macs so this must be what Buzz pretends to be to Facebook) and I can then, in Facebook press a 'yes ok' button.

Would be good to have the ability to enter the code from Facebook within Buzz to fully confirm this secure relationship rather than assume the message on Facebook is the one from Buzz.

Thanks

Guy

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:02 am

Ive now tried with the standard default and it doesnt supply me with a failure anymore but it still fails if I add SSL to the options.

Im wondering what to expect if it does work... & if it is affecting the following issue _>

My social network postings column doesnt show anything and is asking me to create profiles for social networks but I have already done this and still I get nothing appearing in this column.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong

LinkAssistant

Site Admin
Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:25 pm

crazyoval wrote:
I am setting up persona for incoming mail however Buzz says access to my mail accounts fail. Are there any additional perameters Buzz will only work with for now?

There are no any additional parameters for setting an email account in BuzzBundle.
If you already used this account details in some other software and they worked fine, they must work in our software as well. :)

Anyway, you may send us your project with the saved email settings (Help - Send Project To Support). We will analyze the settings and the software logs and tell what the cause of the problem is. :)

crazyoval wrote:
My social network postings column doesnt show anything and is asking me to create profiles for social networks but I have already done this and still I get nothing appearing in this column.

Let us clarify that currently in 'My Posts' stream BuzzBundle shows only post that were made straight from the application. The posts that were made in some other way (let's say from your browser), they may come up in 'Social Networks' stream (providing they contain your project keywords/URL).

:)

crazyoval

Small God

Small God
Posted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks LA, yes I wasnt clear on the latter so I think I get it now.

Thanks

Display topics from previous:    Sort by    
New Topic Add Reply
Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]